WHO WE ARE:
HealthCare Solutions Bureau (HCSB) is a network of consultants who provide facilities planning and design consulting services for supply chain operations in new hospital construction and hospital renovation.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU:
HOW WE DO IT:
HCSB’s facility planning and design approach for supply chain solutions typically includes the following activities:
- Identification and assessment of current facility and industry practices;
- Review of architectural drawings and construction plans for new facility/space;
- Tours and interviews with managers and staff involved with daily supply chain operations, as well as key clinical and ancillary support department managers;
- Review and assessment of supply chain activities to identify operational enhancements to be considered in the (re)design process;
- Analysis of material and process flows, activity levels and resource requirements by work shift and day of week.
- Review of pertinent materials from Materials Management and applicable policies and procedures.
- Assessment of the functionality and utilization of materials handling equipment needed for efficient operation;
- Review and assessment of physical receiving and delivery locations, space and pathways, as well as other common use areas;
- Assessment of the overall requirements and satisfaction of major clinical/ancillary departments; and
- Evaluation of current performance levels, practices, policies and procedures as compared to state-of-the-art techniques including key measures of productivity compared to industry benchmarks.
HIGH-LEVEL OPERATIONAL ASSESSMENT (HLOA)
As an alternative, HCSB can perform a high level operational assessment of the supply chain operation/ planning at a hospital. This entails two consultants spending a minimal number of days on-site conducting interviews, touring sites and reviewing plans with the appropriate personnel. Then additional days are spent composing a report of HCSB’s findings and recommendations. The actual number of days is dependent on the scope of the assessment and the size of the organization.
This is a relatively inexpensive means of determining where your operational planning stands with regards to your supply chain prior to committing to a full scale and detailed assessment.
* * *
More information is available on our website under Consulting Services
More details of past engagements, consultants’ bios
and references can be provided upon request.