Supply Chain Management ? Facts & Fantasies
Supply chain management is a very complex process and is virtually impossible to perfect. However often there are some principles that are often considered to be understood and are not questioned. In this session we will, in an interactive discussion with the audience, examine ten statements about the conduct of the profession and discuss whether they are Facts or Fantasies.
Examples of these statements are:
- The most effective way to reduce cost is to force your suppliers reduce their prices.
- All new technology in supplies and equipment is good.
- Awarding business using the low bid process provides the best value for the purchaser.
- Dual source contracts eliminate competition and lower the value of an agreement.
- The best inventory is the smallest possible inventory.
back to educational programs